Thursday, January 19, 2012

I fell down a hill.

I'm going to update everyone on how my first semester of college went. I can say it in one word: horribly. My first semester was a nightmare of epic proportions. I made less than stellar grades, decisions and friends. I picked up smoking, I realized that I was not emotionally ready for college and I faced serious medical issues. I may not have hit rock bottom, but I certainly saw it. I'm not going to go into detail...I'm sure bits and pieces will come out as I write later.

What  want to do with this blog post is just toast to new beginnings. It's never, ever, ever too late to turn things around. I'm getting a 4.00 gpa this semester, I'm quitting smoking, I'm weeding out my true friends from the ones who are...well, weeds. Also, I'm not going to run away from everything anymore. That's what children do and I am not a child. I am an adult, who will deal with her problems. Cynics might say these are lofty ambitions, but it's within reach as long as I give it my all. I truly believe that. I'm going to work until I can't work anymore.

That being said, it's not too late for you either. If you're struggling with something right now and think it's too far gone...it isn't. Smile, lift your head up, move forward. God gives infinite chances...don't squander them.

No comments:

Post a Comment